As your insurance adviser, we manage all claims on your behalf. We believe that the true test of the value and integrity of the relationship with your insurance adviser is the provision of fast and efficient claims service and advice.
Our claims philosophy is built on a number of key principles:
- Act fairly in the interests of our clients in the event of a claim
- Assist our clients to understand technical policy interpretations
- Negotiate with your insurer to obtain the best outcome for you
- Assist our clients to reduce the cost and the number of claims through effective risk management strategies and
- Assist our clients throughout the whole claims process
In the event of a claim, we will:
- Provide advice and assistance from start to finish with your claim
- Provide you with the insurers claim form if needed
- Arrange for the loss assessor to be appointed if applicable
- Advise on the completion of the claim form
- Provide advice to ensure you have received your full entitlements
- Negotiate with your insurer to ensure the best outcome for you
What To Do:
Notification of claims
All losses or incidents which may result in a claim (other than Worker’s Compensation claims) are to be reported as soon as practicable after the event to your Authorised Representative. Workers Compensation claims must be notified immediately as required by legislation, as penalties apply for late notification.
The first notification should be to us by telephone, e-mail or fax, or as circumstances dictate and should include the following information:
- Description of incident
- Date and Time
- Location where circumstances originated
- Estimate of loss
- Action being taken to minimise loss
Action should be immediately taken to protect property from further damage but no action should be taken to repair damage until instructed by your Authorised Representative, Insurer or the Loss Adjusters.
Emergency Property Repairs
If you are requiring Emergency Repairs to your commercial or domestic property, please call our 24 Hour Emergency Repairs line on 1300 831 094. They will require the details of the damage, property address and contact person. If you have your insurer’s name and policy number to hand that will also assist them. You will need to advise you are a client of Lewis Insurance Services / Insurance Advisernet Cannon Hill.
Please note, you will be responsible for the cost of the emergency repairs until such time as your insurer accepts the claim and confirms the emergency repairs were necessary to prevent further loss to your Property and to ‘make safe’. You will need to contact us on (07) 3217 9015 during business hours to lodge your claim at the earliest opportunity.
- Making premises secure
- Water Extraction & Drying including Carpet Restoration
- Protective tarping
- Glass shuttering & replacement
- Emergency plumbing & electrical
- Tree Removal
- Contents Cleaning
- Removalist Services
- A wide range of other services to minimise claims